Friday, September 30, 2011

Saudi King cancels lashing sentence for woman driver

My 4great grand aunt Hannah Cole was the Founding Pioneer Mother of Missouri. When her Fort and Store were attacked by the Osage she took command of the local militia in the absence of my 4 great grampa Captain Stephen Cole, beat the Osage and made them shout Uncle! Don't sell the ladies short!
Good one King!

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah on Wednesday overturned a court's sentence of 10 lashes for a woman arrested for driving in the kingdom.
"Thank God, the lashing of Shaima is cancelled," Princess Ameera Al-Taweel, wife of King Abdullah's nephew Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, posted to Twitter Wednesday. "Thanks to our beloved King. I'm sure all Saudi women will be so happy, I know I am."   http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/saudi-king-cancels-lashing-sentence-woman-driver-152327486.html

No comments:

Post a Comment