Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Observations of a Jailed Journalist

Mean while back in America we are being abused too!MetroFocus Web Editor John Farley, kneeling, was arrested while reporting on the Occupy Wall Street protest. Farley was working on a story about citizen journalism at the time. MetroFocus/Sam Lewis

On Sept. 24, while working on a story about citizen journalism for my employer, I found myself arrested, along with many other people. My arrest gave me a unique vantage point on the risks and rewards of citizen journalists, those non-professionals who capture stories (usually without pay) using videos and images via portable technology like a cell phone camera. Anyone, even a passerby or a police officer can be a citizen journalist. That’s its power.   http://www.thirteen.org/metrofocus/news/2011/09/observations-of-a-jailed-journalist/
Here’s what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment